Friday, January 9, 2009

No more money on food!!

I made a vow the first of this week to stop buying food. I have been spending too much. Not only on eating out over the holidays, but on fresh fruit and veggies, and chicken, etc. My problem is that if I see a sale....I buy it!! Then the food sits in my freezer until it becomes old and dries up and flakes away.

With the economy the way it is, I am crazy to let food sit in the pantry and freezer, uneaten. Even though I would prefer fresh meat, or fresh veggies and fruit, I have plenty of frozen or canned stuff. So I have decided to stop buying almost everything except milk, bananas, apples, and yogurt for my son. I should save a huge amount in the supermarket, and I am hoping that I will be eating pretty healthy...since I have a lot of dried beans and canned veggies to experiment with.

Made some great eating decisions today...we ordered out at lunch for a birthday, from a place that makes fantastic sandwiches. I chose a salad. Also, there was yummy baked breads sitting around all morning from a meeting. I didn't eat any. Then, there were black bottom cheesecakes....little small ones for the birthday girl. My friends were saying..."Oh Sue, just eat one, take a break. You deserve it, blah blah blah." I resisited their evil urgings, and had some yogurt. I feel good about that. Hope the scale rewards me for my virtue! :)

Have a great weekend everybody! :)

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it just seems like there are more temptations out there, or if we just notice them more, but it seems like when I'm trying to eat more healthy that everyone seems to be trying to get me to "give in", or taste, or try something, or follow the crowd... Good for you for resisting! And resisting cheesecake should be good for a few extra points, at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for making great food choices when you could have easily caved in. That's awesome!

    I'm on Team Angie and trying to get around to everyone's blogs. Good luck with the challenge. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to eat what is in the house for sure. I like to buy lots of fresh food, but I hate waste and really try not to waste food, so all the fruits and veggies must get eaten, even if they have to go into a soup or a sauce just to get used up - usually we are pretty good!

    Way to go with avoiding your temptations!

    ReplyDelete