Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I think it is about time for an update!

I can't believe I haven't posted for four days!! I meant to, and just got crazy busy. ("Busy eating everything in sight?" you may be thinking.) Ha ha. Not really. I did make it to almost three days with the juice fast. But then Friday afternoon I began to get a headache every time I stood up, and I truly just didn't feel great. I was at work, and since I take care of little kids as a nurse, I didn't feel it was wise to continue to fast at that point.

I broke my fast with a salad, and it sure was good! I have not really gone overboard with food since then, but I haven't been super-restrictive either. It felt so good to be in control and not be eating those three days. I loved the way I felt physically also, until that last afternoon. I would do it again definitely.

But for now, I must survive a 4 day weekend at my parents, full of Easter goodies. I am so sad that I have been struggling to lose anything since November of last year. What wasted time! I really need to get my act together, but sometimes it seems impossible. It is amazing that food can have that much of a stronghold over me. Sad, really.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter. I'll check in again when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your fast is over, that doesn't sound like any fun! I hope it helped you though. I completely understand how you feel about food having a stronghold over us. It really is amazing and I have the same struggle. I know you can lose the weight, we all can if we put our minds to it. I'm struggling myself with sticking to it. The benefits will be worth it if we just believe that we can do it! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, so proud of you for making it through those couple days of fast! You were determined and you did it!

    ReplyDelete