Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home at last!

Well, after almost three weeks on the road (one week in Maine on campus at the college I am getting my master's from,and one week camping with my son), I am finally home again. Thank goodness. I find it much more difficult to remain on plan with healthy eating when I am on the road or away from home. One of the biggest problems is that I forget to take the phentermine pill! You have to take it either 2 hours before or after a meal. I have been taking it 2 hours after breakfast, but when in school, I was in class at that time, and just kept forgetting. Then last week while camping I only remembered about twice. It makes a huge difference. The past two days I have taken it, and have been totally back on track. Hooray!

I don't think I even mentioned that I did lose the 5 lbs I thought I had when I weighed in at the doctor's on July 5th. That put me at a total of 40 lbs lost since mid-April, and that makes me glad! I don't think I did much better this month...I will be happy with another 5 lbs if I can get it. Slowly but surely!! :)

I have also still been lax in the exercising area. I truly need to increase my walking and exercise. That will help to spur the losses, I know! I still have almost 5 weeks before I have to go back to work, so I am going to do the best I can to get in more exercise before it is back to the busy-ness of a new school year.

Overall, I am so happy to be down 40+ lbs and still losing! :)


  1. Sue,
    Good Job!!!! You keep on going!
    Glad you are still blogging and I hope it helps. I know I feel much better being able to put my thoughts where I can see them.
    How far until your Master's is complete?
    Hope you and Michael had a great time together. Enjoy the few weeks we have left.

  2. Kim, I am hoping to finish my Master's Degree in about 3 years. If I do it any faster than that, CCPS won't cover the tuition at all. At least this way it covers about 2/3 of what it costs me for tuition. I could do it faster, but I don't have a lot of extra income to put towards it. And I just started..these are my first two classes. I figured I better do it because I don't see any raises coming from CCPS in the near future....and college is only 10 years away for Michael! :) Hee hee.

  3. Great job on the 40 lbs. lost! 5 lbs a month is a great rate to lose at. Slowly but surely!

  4. Sue!!!!!! How did I miss that you were back to blogging?!!! Glad to see you - I'm still blogging - used to be Trim The Fat now Loser for Life. Hope you come by and visit! I'm still keepin on with the good fight. Remember...we're the "never give up" girls!!!