Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Celebration!

Last night I made a huge pot of one of my favorites....though I don't have a name for what it is. :) I made up the recipe one day while trying to get rid of a lot of zucchini that I had. Basically it is kind of like a veggie lasagna, but made w/ Smart Taste macaroni instead of noodles. I chop up about 3-4 cups of zucchini, and saute it with chopped onions and garlic in a bit of Pam. When that is almost done coooking, I add in some spaghetti sauce, then the cooked macaroni. After it is stirred, dollop in a few spoons of cottage cheese, and then cut up a few light cheese sticks, and stir that in. It all melts together to make a fabulous cheesy, Italian type comfort food. I love it. And since much of it is zucchini, it is pretty healthy. Last night I also threw in some veggie burger crumbles. The veggie crumbles (or you could use lean ground beef) makes it a little more substantial. So I have lunch and dinner ready. :)

Tonight we are headed to my parents' house for a birthday celebration. Of course there will be food, but I am bringing the veggie tray, and will try to stick with healthy choices. No, make that I WILL stick with healthy choices!

Have a great weekend everyone, and I will touch base when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really good! I love meals that you can cook and then have lots of leftovers for lunches. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete